Shipping + Returns
ALL CARRIERS ARE EXPERIENCING COVID-19 RELATED DELAYS. NO SERVICE WILL BE GUARANTEED SO PLAN FOR EXTRA TRANSIT TIME.
- There is no need to contact Gossamer Gear prior to the return.
- Please return any clean and unused items in their original packaging, packed the same way they were sent out to you.
- We recommend setting up shelters on a clean and dry surface in order to inspect and evaluate a shelter. Please make sure any returned shelters are free of signs of use (dirt, debris, grass, etc.) and folded neatly in its stuff sack before submitting a return.
- Please include a copy of the packing slip or order email with your return.
- We do not process exchanges. Please return an item for the purchase price and then order a replacement item.
You can ship your return to:
7601 South Congress Ave. Unit 550
Austin, TX 78745
- Gossamer Gear is not responsible for the return shipping costs, duties and taxes, damaged or lost items in return transit.
- We recommend all return items be insured and have a tracking number to assure delivery.
Gossamer Gear accepts returns on clean and unused products, within 30 days of receipt, for a full refund of the purchase price. To qualify for a refund, returned products must be in unused, new condition*, with all tags and labels still attached.
- Cosmetic seconds
- Clearance items
- Gift cards
- Consumable health and personal care items such as chap stick, sun screen and healing salves, Kula Cloths, tooth brushes.
*PLEASE NOTE: We have received returned products that could not be considered “new condition” due to stains or odors. Some skin care, hair care, or home care products may inadvertently stain fabrics. Some cooking odors or odors from other gear/clothing may absorb into the product. Please take care until you are certain you are keeping your products, as we may not be able to refund an item that is not sellable as new to another customer.
We strive to ship all orders that come in before 11am Central the same day. Our goal is to get you on the trail as quickly as possible.
We reserve the right to ship your package via whichever carrier we deem fit for transit.
- Always pick Express carriers over USPS for urgent orders.
- USPS Priority is only a time estimate and not guaranteed.
- Keep in mind that holidays and weather can play a part in slower shipments.
- Our shipments are not marked signature required unless you email and request it.
- Orders placed with a pre-order item such as one of our shelters, will not ship until that item available. We will not send split shipments.
- If you would like your items delivered asap please place separate orders.
Standard Shipping Methods
- Standard Shipping $3.99 ( USPS First Class Mail )
- This shipping method can only be chosen if your shopping cart totals $19.99 or less.
- Standard Shipping $6.49 ( UPS, USPS or FedEx Ground )
- If you select this option, we will choose UPS, USPS or FedEx ground based on your product and your address.
- Free Shipping ( UPS, USPS Priority Mail or FedEx Ground )
- For orders over $99
- If you select this option, we will choose UPS, USPS Priority Mail or FedEx ground based on your product.
Express Shipping Methods
- Please note that if you place an order after 10am Central on a Friday morning, the package will not leave our warehouse until Monday.
International Shipping Methods
Your International shipping rates will be calculated at checkout.
***Customers are responsible for their country’s duties and taxes. ***
IMPORTANT - If you refuse an international package or do not collect it from customs, the customs fees and return shipping are billed back to us. Any charges that we incur will be deducted from your refund.
06/2020 USPS Mail International is currently suspended until further notice as they currently can not guaranteed service times.
- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL
- Approximate 6 - 10 days transit (not including time spent in customs)
- Priority Mail packages can be tracked. Unfortunately, International shipments have no guarantee for time of delivery. Please choose your option accordingly.
- EXPRESS MAIL INTERNATIONAL
- Approximate 3 - 5 days transit (not including time spent in customs) Express Mail packages can be tracked. Unfortunately, International shipments have no guarantee for time of delivery. Please choose your option accordingly.
- Fed Ex ECONOMY INTERNATIONAL
- Approximate 3 - 5 days transit (not including time spent in customs ) Fed Ex packages can be tracked. Unfortunately, International shipments have no guarantee for time of delivery. Please choose your option accordingly.
Will you ship to me on the trail?
YES we will! We can ship packages via USPS General Delivery to a Post Office.
We can also ship ground or expedited to any physical address given; business, hotel, or residence.
On-the-trail shipments returned because of non-pickup will be processed as a return and not re-sent. And you can place a new order if need be.
Will you ship to a P.O. BOX?
YES. PO box orders must be shipped via USPS and typically take 2 - 5 business days to arrive. If your shipping address is a PO BOX we can only send your package USPS