Mariposa 60 Backpack
Backpack Size (Varies greatly depending on body type and how you wear your pack)
17.25” (11.5" - 15.5" torso)
(29 - 39 cm)
Generally fits people 5'6" and under
20.25” (15.5" - 19.5" torso)
(39 - 50 cm)
Generally fits people 5'5" to 6'0"
23.25” (19.5" - 23.5" torso)
(50 - 60+ cm)
Generally fits people 6'0" and up
Hip Belt Size (Medium belt included and installed)
*Small hip belt
(22" - 32" waist)
(56 - 81 cm)
Included Medium hip belt
(28" - 45" waist)
(71 - 114 cm)
*Large hip belt
(32" - 50" waist)
(81 - 127 cm)
This award-winning pack’s roomy main pocket holds your shelter, clothing, sleeping pad and food. There are seven extra pockets - one mesh for wet stuff, two easy-to-reach for water and high-energy snacks, and the rest for whatever else. Made of custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon fabric, this tough, light pack delivers a very comfortable carry even when overloaded with 35 pounds of gear.
- New belt with added stiffener and stay integration for superior load transfer and comfort
- New unisex ergonomic belt shape
- New larger more functional integrated hipbelt pockets
- Unisex ergonomic harness for both men and women
- The Mariposa is best with loads under 30lbs but will handle up to 35 just fine
- Made of our custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon
- It comes with a SitLight pad and a removable stay
- The pack comes with a medium belt installed and small and large belts are sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need
- OTT (Over-the-Top) closure system provides an easy secure closure
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- Custom air mesh fabric on shoulder straps and hipbelt for less friction and more comfort
- New trekking pole hardware for storing them outside the pack
- Right side bottle pockets accessible without taking off pack
- Internal hydration sleeve and drinking tube keeper loops on both shoulder straps
- Harness includes multiple attachment points for accessorizing
- Lashing loop doubles as ice axe holder
- Updated hipbelt includes new removable internal stay system
- Need help with the sizing? Find out how to properly fit a backpack!
Average Weight Small Mariposa
Pack body 17.1 oz / 484 g
Pack frame 2.6 oz / 74 g
Sitlight pad 2.6 oz / 74 g
Total with no belt 19.7 oz / 558 g
Total with small belt 29.0 oz / 822 g
Total with medium belt 29.8 oz / 846 g
Total with large belt 30.6 oz / 868 g
Average Weight Medium Mariposa
Pack body 18.0 oz / 509 g
Pack frame 3.0 oz / 86 g
Sitlight pad 2.9 oz / 84 g
Total with no belt 20.9 oz / 593 g
Total with small belt 30.6 oz / 869 g
Total with medium belt 31.5 oz / 892 g
Total with large belt 32.3 oz / 914 g
Average Weight Large Mariposa
Pack body 18.8 oz / 533 g
Pack frame 3.5 oz / 99 g
Sitlight pad 3.1 oz / 89 g
Total with no belt 21.9 oz / 622 g
Total with small belt 32.1 oz / 911 g
Total with medium belt 33.0 oz / 934 g
Total with large belt 33.8 oz / 957 g
Average Weight Hipbelt
Small belt 6.7 oz / 190 g
Medium belt 7.5 oz / 213 g
Large belt 8.3 oz / 236 g
Total 60 L
In Main Pack Body to Extension Collar Seam 36 L
Spread Across 7 Exterior Pockets 24 L
Max Carry Capacity 35 lbs
For Comfort 30 lbs
Height 22” / 55.9 cm to the extension collar only
Width 11” / 27.9 cm
Depth 7" / 18 cm
Extension collar adds another 11.5" / 29.2 cm of height
100 & 200 denier Robic high-tensil strength nylon
Select use of 70 denier double-rip ripstop nylon
Select use of Darlington Mesh
Select use of Supreme Air Mesh
Select use of Foam
I see a Medium belt is now included and installed. Where can I find a Small and Large belt?
You can order a different size belt here Hipbelt with Pockets
Will a Bear Canister fit inside a Mariposa?
Yes, all models of bear canisters will fit vertically in this pack! Smaller designs like the Bare Boxer and the Bear Vault 450 will fit horizontally in the main compartment.
How do I attach trekking poles or an ice axe to the backpack?
We suggest using our Pole Storage Bungee and then running that through one of the many attachment loops provided on the packs exterior. This will insure secure storage.
Browse our backpack comparison article!
Can I use this backpack without the hip belt?
Yes! But when using this pack without the hip belt you must remove the internal stay.